This release will start our reboot of the Carranger fansubs. While I realize that because it’s been so long since the latest release it’s very annoying to see us restart the series instead of continuing at ep 14 it’s something we had to do. With the not so recent anymore changes in HR encoding and typesetting the v1s of ep 1-13 simply looked too out of place. It also gave us a chance to give these eps another QC and translation check and to re-consider some decisions made during translation of v1 (Believe it or not but the v1 of ep 1 was quite rushed).
So here’s the first batch of v2s of Carranger. It’s the first three episodes. The things that were changed in comparison to the earlier releases are the following:
– It’s released in a MKV with embedded softsubs like all our other recent drama projects.
– New typesetting and no more karaoke or effects. While expjeans did an excellent job on the effects they simply aren’t needed.
– Another QC/Editing which fixed some minor errors that were still left in the previous release.
– New translation for the OP/ED done by Kiwi-musume.
– Like I said earlier we were able to re-consider some translation choices. For example, Extreme Rush is gone and it’s simply Racing now. Extreme Rush kinda sucked.
– The running gag of the Bowzock mispronouncing earth that we missed the first time isn’t missed this time. We were planning to use “Eearth” at first but since we noticed GSF used “Earf” in their release of Car vs. Kaku I decided to use that too since I liked it better.
That’s about it. This all to me makes the subs a lot better. I dunno when we’ll be able to release the next few batches but it shouldn’t be too long.
Download it here (torrent)
(DDL for avi versions can be found in the comments)