Saturday, April 23rd, 2011 by
We finished subbing Ningen no Shoumei a while ago but it was before our switch to mkv and like Carranger there are some things that we found later that could use fixing. So we’d like to do a v2 for the series using the DVDs as a source instead of the tv-rips.
Since the japanese DVDs of Ningen no Shoumei are stupidly expensive (280$ on yesasia for the whole thing) we were hoping someone who’s reading this owns the DVDs and can upload the ISOs for us. If you have the DVDs and want to share the ISOs please send a mail to staff [at] harorangers.com or comment on this post.
Thursday, April 14th, 2011 by
Since interest for our blog spiked with the recent releases of Carranger 1-3 I figured now would be a good time to do a post like this. We’ve been severely understaffed for a while now and would like to see more people join the team to help with translations and/or timing.
We’re looking to fill the following positions, be aware that since we’re mostly a drama group that while there might be chances to work on toku It’ll most likely be drama for the most part. Feel free to apply if you only want to work on toku anyway though, we’re not going to force you to work on drama if you don’t want to (obviously) :
-Translator (Japanese to english)
Experience required. There’s japanese subs available for a good amount of projects if you’re not too confident about your hearing skill.
Experience preferred but not required.
If you’re interested in joining please send a mail to staff [at] harorangers.com
And in case you still don’t want to join and are still waiting for more Carranger you can watch the following bbed sentai while waiting:
I’d be surprised if people reading this don’t know them but they do weekly subs for this year’s Sentai and Rider (and some random anime stuff it seems).
A relatively new group that finished Gaoranger a while ago and is now working on Sun Vulcan.
A new group that started a while ago that’s now doing pretty well at releasing GoGoV, Kakuranger and Zubat.
Recently started subbing Ohranger.
Saturday, April 9th, 2011 by
This release will start our reboot of the Carranger fansubs. While I realize that because it’s been so long since the latest release it’s very annoying to see us restart the series instead of continuing at ep 14 it’s something we had to do. With the not so recent anymore changes in HR encoding and typesetting the v1s of ep 1-13 simply looked too out of place. It also gave us a chance to give these eps another QC and translation check and to re-consider some decisions made during translation of v1 (Believe it or not but the v1 of ep 1 was quite rushed).
So here’s the first batch of v2s of Carranger. It’s the first three episodes. The things that were changed in comparison to the earlier releases are the following:
– It’s released in a MKV with embedded softsubs like all our other recent drama projects.
– New typesetting and no more karaoke or effects. While expjeans did an excellent job on the effects they simply aren’t needed.
– Another QC/Editing which fixed some minor errors that were still left in the previous release.
– New translation for the OP/ED done by Kiwi-musume.
– Like I said earlier we were able to re-consider some translation choices. For example, Extreme Rush is gone and it’s simply Racing now. Extreme Rush kinda sucked.
– The running gag of the Bowzock mispronouncing earth that we missed the first time isn’t missed this time. We were planning to use “Eearth” at first but since we noticed GSF used “Earf” in their release of Car vs. Kaku I decided to use that too since I liked it better.
That’s about it. This all to me makes the subs a lot better. I dunno when we’ll be able to release the next few batches but it shouldn’t be too long.
Download it here (torrent)
DDL: ep01 ep02 ep03
(DDL for avi versions can be found in the comments)